Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default AA-sized conductor (fake battery) wanted

"Ian Field" wrote in
:

"Eldor" wrote in message
anews.com...
Hello all NG

I am looking for a fake AA battery, i.e. a conductor of the same
size, so that I can put it in an AA battery holder and have a lower
voltage (N-1 x 1.5V) . Actually I want multiple of them so that I can
make a "configurable voltage" battery.

I have looked around but I can't find it. Does anybody know any?

Alternatively I could look for a battery which can be charged at
various voltage levels, but it needs to hold a significant charge at
any voltage level. I don't think it exists.

Thanks for any help

Use a whiskered (shorted) NiCd cell.

that could LEAK electrolyte.

Better to just cut a dowel to size,cut a slot for a wire from end to
end,fold over the ends,maybe epoxy in place.

Cheap,easy. follows the KISS principle.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik