Posted to alt.home.repair
RogerT RogerT is offline

Default Dryer shutting itself off -- curious.

hr(bob) wrote:

What about trying to start the dryer with the door open? That would
tell you a lot about the health of the dooor switch, as I mentioned
several posts back.

We did that yesterday. At first, it did start with the door open, and the
drum turned etc. with the door open. Then, it seemed like it was trying to
start with the door open, but the drum was having a hard time turning and
then it would konk out like before and wouldn't restart. That makes me
think it's about the drum not turning correctly and the motor shutting off.
But I don't know why it would even start at all with the door open unless
the switch is bad. So, again, amybe two problems? -- the switch, and the
drum friction causing the motor to stop?