Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dryer shutting itself off -- curious.

On Jan 14, 6:06*am, "RogerT" wrote:
"Tony Hwang" wrote in message

RogerT wrote:
"WW" wrote in message
m...

.... So did you blow out the lint in the motor?

Oops, I forgot to add that yes, we did clean out all of the lint in the
motor and everywhere else.

Hi,
remove belt and turn the motor by hand. Is it turning free?
Is the drum likewise?

We didn't try turning the motor, but we know it turns when operated because
the drum turns. *The drum does turn by hand, both with and without the belt
in place.

What about trying to start the dryer with the door open? That would
tell you a lot about the health of the dooor switch, as I mentioned
several posts back.