Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus25999 Ignoramus25999 is offline

Default Some metalwork, mostly just the kind of craziness thatRCM'erslike

On 2011-01-14, Jim Wilkins wrote:
On Jan 14, 10:25?am, Sunworshipper wrote:
On Fri, 14 Jan 2011 06:59:43 -0800 (PST), Jim Wilkins
I drove them around Germany. They aren't my favorite ride especially
on deteriorating concrete Autobahn sections, but they go anywhere and
do anything. The bed height doesn't matter if you can call on a squad
of troops to load and unload them.

jsw

But, Jim...
What if you didn't have a squad waiting around the home front or out
and about? They do sound like they have reliable diesels in them.

SW

Iggy and I both have cranes in our trucks already.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...6L._SL160_.jpg

Jim, did you have to modify your crane? How did you mount it?

For my crane, I had to add a big bottom plate (appx 18x18x5/8"),
change the winch and I had to change the jack once already. I also
replaced the original winch cable and hook because the cable rusted
too much too fast.