Posted to uk.d-i-y
Man at B&Q Man at B&Q is offline

Default OT - Computer

On Jan 13, 10:32*pm, "John" wrote:
I am needing to get a laptop as I need to go away to do some work.

Has anyone got real experience of "Open Office" as an alternative to
Microsoft? It will make a difference to how I spend my budget if I don't buy
"Office". On my desktop I use Office 2003 with Outlook - I will think of
this as my datum.

They're as good/bad as each other. Just different sets of issues.

If you want to move docs between the two then make sure you have all
the right fonts installed on both machines. I've had issues with
drawings not appearing the same.

Just recently OO hung completely when trying to import a Word doc.

MBQ