Posted to alt.home.repair
The Ghost in The Machine The Ghost in The Machine is offline

Default The friggin' gun nuts and political "experts / authorities" arespoiling this newsgroup!!

On Jan 13, 10:58*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

But sometimes a defective will post something that SEEMS sort-of
reasonable on its face but causes those of us with knowledge or
experience in the matter to stand up on our hind legs and scream
"May your thigh fills up with salt water!"

Oh, you mean like a Republican?

Of course not, silly man.

I try to ignore those, too. OT is OT,
it doesn't belong here, and responding to offer your own misguided
view is NOT helpful.

You'd be surprised at the number of private emails I get thanking me for
insightful, clear, cogent, and convincing retorts to those who would do us
great harm.

Chain-jerking doesn't last long when the jerker
doesn't feel any backlash.

You make a good point in that most trolls feed on rebuke. Negative strokes
are better than no strokes at all - exasperation validatea the troll's
existence and givea meaning to his otherwise dreary life. But, like the
weirdo who keeps shouting "Thy end is near!" in Times Square, there ARE
those who must verbalize the demons inside them.

Now g'head, try some new behaviour, and don't respond to this. The
first non-response is the hardest, but you can do it. Fondle a gun
instead or something. Pretty soon you'll be ignoring political and
gun threads with the best of us.

Thanks for the suggestions, but I already practice safe flacks. As I said
earlier, I never respond to out-and-out mental diarrhea. Psychotics are
beyond my poor skills to rehabilitate.

Sensible, polite, and clever folks - such as yourself - are wonderful folks
with which to engage. You may come to understand and appreciate another
point of view.

THAT'S NOT WHAT THEY SAID ABOUT YOU IN THE LAST PSYCHIATRIC
CONFERENCE.
BTW, YOU ARE NOT ON MY LIST, YET.

PATECUM