Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Can one breathe industrial oxygen

On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 21:34:00 -0500, wrote:

On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 08:42:56 -0600, "Pete C."
wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

Don Foreman wrote:

Perhaps that's why we're seeing all the wailing about "senseless
murders" in AZ, as opposed to more sensible murders?

The MSM always ignores the more sensible murders. ;-)

Oddly enough, I've noted a number of reports of effective defensive gun
use in the MSM media (CNN and local stations mostly) over the past year
or so.

Just one thing about carrying.
If you show it, you damned well better be willing to use it.

Absolutely. Why else would you even carry one?

You armed, punk not = deterrence.

Usually true, even if there are multiple punks.

You armed, punk armed = escalation. One or the other or both is going
to get shot.

Not necessarily. Some want easy prey and will run without a shot
fired. It's only the really hard cases who escalate.

--
A paranoid is someone who knows a little of what's going on.
-- William S. Burroughs