Posted to alt.home.repair
bpuharic bpuharic is offline

Default Gun lobby always wins

On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 11:03:11 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

bpuharic wrote:

gee. gunnies say that guns prevent crime.

and here we are in the most heavily armed nation on earth

with the highest murder rate. so it seems guns may prevent
shoplifiting

but they dont prevent murder.

Actually, we're 45th, or thereabouts, in homicide rate tabulations at 5 per
100,000 population.

yeah. after all the ivory coast is such a paraidse. thanks for making
my case. did a great j ob!

Inasmuch as half or more of these homicides are
gang-bangers killing other gang-bangers, that's a Good Thing(TM).

If you take the good things out of the total, we're much lower on the
homicide list - we'd move to 64th (below Afghanistan

ah. well that's a GREAT recommendation. afghanistan...a 3rd centruy
theocracy