Posted to alt.home.repair
DGDevin DGDevin is offline

Default Anti-slip Paint

"Bob F" wrote in message ...

So I wonder how much better the store-bought stuff could be than just
tossing in sand. Shoot, I'd try that first.

You would want to stir the sand mix frequently during application.

The guys who painted our house a few years ago made their own anti-skid
paint for the porch by buying a little bag of sand ground extra-fine and
just scattered that on top of the still wet first coat of paint. Worked
great, and they left the unused sand if I ever need to do touch-ups. They
said they preferred the scatter method over stirring sand into the paint as
there is no problem with the sand settling to the bottom of the can.