Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob-tx[_3_] Bob-tx[_3_] is offline

Default Anti-slip Paint

"zek" wrote in message
On Jan 11, 5:43 pm, Tony Hwang wrote:
Hi,
Sweepin, shoveling snow lately but thinking ahead for summer.
My porch rises about 6 steps and back porch 4 steps. I'd like to apply
anti-slip paint, so stairs will be little safer. Any recommendations?
TIA,

Try some Walmart porch paint non-slip. It cheap.

I have added sand to paint, but tends to rub off.
You can also attach antislip strips if you have a nice shiny surface.
It comes in rolls.

Many years ago I built an 18 foot inboard boat from wood; no fiberglass
involved. There were areas where I need non-slip painted surface, and was
advised to use ground up pecan shells mixed with the paint. I guess the
idea is similar to the sand mixed in, but the pecan shells did not readily
sink to the bottom.

At any rate, it worked great. That was almost fifty years ago, so I don't
know if it is an outdated technology or not.

Bob-tx