Posted to sci.electronics.repair
baron baron is offline

Default AA-sized conductor (fake battery) wanted

D Yuniskis Inscribed thus:

On 1/13/2011 4:24 AM, baron wrote:
Eldor Inscribed thus:

Hello all NG

I am looking for a fake AA battery, i.e. a conductor of the same
size, so that I can put it in an AA battery holder and have a lower
voltage (N-1 x 1.5V) . Actually I want multiple of them so that I
can make a "configurable voltage" battery.

I have looked around but I can't find it. Does anybody know any?

Alternatively I could look for a battery which can be charged at
various voltage levels, but it needs to hold a significant charge at
any voltage level. I don't think it exists.

Thanks for any help

Whats wrong with a piece of rolled up cardboard ?

Cardboard isn't a very good conductor at low voltages :

Sorry ! My brain fart :-(
I meant to write "Whats wrong with a piece of alloy foil wrapped over
rolled up cardboard ?"

--
Best Regards:
Baron.