Posted to alt.home.repair
Mel Knight Mel Knight is offline

Default Just had a strange conversation with PG&E about an illegal poleon my property

On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 20:15:39 -0800, Larry Fishel wrote:
You don't say specifically, but do I gather from your wording that you
bought this property recently without noticing the pole?

Yes. I bought the property within the year. It's rural. There's not
another home within hundreds of yards, and it's all wooded. The pole is
near the main street (within the easement of the main road) but the wires
cut over my property.

There are other poles, but their wires go along the street, and I assume
the main street easement covers the poles. My property goes to the center
of each of the streets but the street easements go side to side some
thirty feet.

The pole is within the street easements (but I don't know if the street
easements allow for poles) but the wires go over my property where there
is no easement.