Posted to alt.home.repair
Brian V Brian V is offline

Default attaching wiring harness to trailer

"mm" wrote in message ...

Maybe I just need better clips? It seems the good** trailers use
clips too, right?

**Not to say the Harbor Freight trailer is bad. So far it's fine.

On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 04:03:38 -0500, mm
wrote:

I have a 4x8 flatbed trailer built from a harbor freight kit, and the
method they provided for attaching the wires is pretty poor. Metal
clips that don't really stick to the suare U-bars and don't hold the
wires well either. The clips fall off, even when I've pushed them all
the way on, the wires fall down and get broken.

I've never seen a good trailer up close so I don't know how they do
it. What do they do? This one has square-U shaped bars that make
up the sides. The 3rd, open side points in.

Do I have to drill holes and put plastic wire ties through the holes?
The trailer has got sides now and is too heavy to turn on its side.

Thanks

I sure wouldn't drill in to the frame, they already use the thinnest walls
possible on them to keep their costs down. How about simply tie wrapping the
wires to the tubes? There's should be a few spots where you can slide them
thru.