Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default AA-sized conductor (fake battery) wanted

On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 12:01:01 +0100, Eldor wrote:

I am looking for a fake AA battery, i.e. a conductor of the same size,
so that I can put it in an AA battery holder and have a lower voltage
(N-1 x 1.5V) . Actually I want multiple of them so that I can make a
"configurable voltage" battery.

Find a dead AA battery. Make sure it's totally discharged. Wrap with
aluminum foil. Instant shorted battery.

If you want elegance, take a brass or aluminum shaft that's the same
diameter as the AA positive tip. Build up the diameter until it's the
same size as the AA outer diameter with cardboard, Duct Tape, or some
combination thereof. Maybe a wooden dowel center drilled for the
metal rod. Hide everything under some nice looking shrink tube. You
may need a wider negative contact area depending on the holder, so
adding a brass washer at the base might be useful.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D