chris French

Default Loft space ventilation for these hot summer days

In message , David W.E.
Roberts writes
Hi,

as usual it is like a sauna in the loft.

There is a ventilator grille on one gable end, but I guess in ventilation
terms this is the sound of one hand clapping.

Any reason I shouldn't put a 'hit and miss' ventilator in the other gable
end to encourage a free flow of air along the head of the 'T' shaped loft
space?

The plan is to leave it open in summer to get a flow of cooling air through,
and shut it in the winter to keep any daytime heat in.

If the heat has got into the loft it's pretty much wasted anyway.....

I can see no problem with what you propose, but I think it will make no
great difference to the temp inside the loft. The area of ventilation
will just be too small.

--
Chris French, Leeds