Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default TVs compatible, from one continent to the next??

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

In article ,
Michael A. Terrell wrote:
I produced & directed a live newscast for a year in '73 & 74 at Ft.
Greely, AK.

Ah. News. Hence all the references to U-Matic and VHS as if they were
broadcast systems.

BZZZZZZTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There was no video tape equipment
at that station. If you would pay attention, or even better, if you had
red that message of mine on the DOD Afrts website you might have a
clue. Why would I be loading 16 mm & 35 mm, but not mention video tape?

You produced and directed a live newscast operation and loaded the film
yourself?

Yes. At a military TV station. It wouldn't surprise me that you
don't know they exist.

Change that one horse operation to a one donkey.

You're the donkey.

Sorry for thinking every broadcast operation would have VTR in the '70s. I
can only go by my own experience.

Good for you, but who gives a damn about your experience. That
station was scheduled to be updated when a jackass decided the GIs
didn't need TV. The equipment had been purchased, but ended up at the
AFRTS station in Iceland.

I will give you credit, though. You type very well for someone with
their head permanently up their ass.

Teflon coated.