Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default TVs compatible, from one continent to the next??

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

In article ,
Michael A. Terrell wrote:
But pray tell of a composite video studio which had RGB available from
anything other than a single camera, etc.

You just keep showing more and more ignrance. All the studio cameras
had RGB outputs.

I've already said that.

The Vital Industries video switcher and the Squeeze
Zoom had RGB inputs and outputs. The studios had cameras & monitors
only. Master control did every thing else. Just admit that you are
absolutely clueless about what was done, and how in a NTSC brodcast
plant.

Sorry - forgot you were talking about some one horse news studio in the
sticks.

Yawn. Moron. It was at a 5 MW EIRP UHF station. There was no news
department at that station. They didn't need one. Two studios in a new
building, in Orlando Florida. Our electric bill was $45,000 just for
the transmitter.

The studios I worked in had all the vision FX needed locally in the
studio. They were production studios.

Good for them. Too bad they had to work with an ignorant asshole
like you. Most of our production was live programming. With our 3M
master router, the equipment could be used for production or live. It
could aslo be routed to the engineering office for troubleshooting. The
3M could have some routes locked to prevent people from accidently
changing them, or trying to disrupt a broadcast. The Comark transmitter
was on from six AM Monday morning, until midnight, Monday morning,
leaving six hours for routine maintenece.

Here is a satellite photo of the transmitter site. That tower is
over 1700 feet. There is a curtain FM antenna at the 1200 foot level
with five, 50 KW FM Orlando radio stations. It also had Ch 68 before
trhey built their own tower. There are a couple dozen private radio
systems there, as well.

http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&q=wacx+orange+city&fb=1&gl=us&hq=wacx&hn ear=Orange+City,+FL&cid=0,0,4888499389036298809&ll =28.921368,-81.318955&spn=0.012997,0.01929&t=h&z=16&iwloc=A

The presentation area had their own too if they wished to use such things
for programme junctions, etc.

Presentation area? That sounds like the break room at a used car
lot.

Teflon coated.