Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default TVs compatible, from one continent to the next??

Meat Plow wrote:

On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 19:31:34 -0500, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Phil Hobbs wrote:

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In ,
Michael A. wrote:
U-matic? Only ever used for news stuff here. And office viewing
before VHS.

1" C Format ruled until the arrival of Beta SP and MII.

So, you used 2" until the other formats were availible?

Which part of 1" C format don't you understand?

What don't you understand? 2" predated all of the other formats.

Perhaps it's a language thing. Look it up if you don't understand
'ruled'.

"Television is a vast wasteland."

"And Usenet isn't far behind."

Internet television is the new frontier Mike. My new Samsung
is internet connected and I suspect that is the new trend. And not just a
trend but a developing standard.

Hulu.com, and a TV tuner card in one computer already. I've watched
a few episodes of Stargate Universe and Stargate Atlantis on Hulu, along
with a few old movies. I am modifying a ceiling mount swing arm to bolt
it to my hospital bed. that way I can do web design or access usenet
when I am forced to lay down to relieve the swelling in my legs. I
bought a 7" HDTV recently to add to the monitor & keyboard arm. I
bought this Dell Optiplex 620 small footprint to use with a 24" LCD
monitor. The whole system will swing away from the bed when I'm not
using it. I got the industrial mount for free. The cheapest one made
for a hospital bed that would do was almost $2,000. I can do a lot of
cutting & welding for that price, including a telephone mount, and
controls to open the gates or look at the security cameras to see who is
at the door when I can't get up in time to anwser in person.

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?inv...105-PB&cat=MON would be nice
with four of the extra 19" LCD monitors, but it would be too big to move
away from the bed while laying down. ;-)

Teflon coated.