Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default Can one breathe industrial oxygen

On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 13:33:44 -0600, Pete Keillor
wrote:

Yep. I learned this at the age of 25. It was a revelation for me and
it really simplified my world view.

snip

My mother explained that to me the first time I ever whined "it isn't
fair". She said life wasn't fair and to get over it. I was maybe 5.
She had a pretty good grasp on raising all of us.

Pete Keillor

When I griped at about age 9 that my mother always seemed to side with
those "against me" and noted that I thought a parent's job was to
defend her children from a hostile world, she said she was less
worried about the world's effect on me than about how I might damage
the world.

Some days ya jist cain't pee a drop.