Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default Can one breathe industrial oxygen

On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 08:24:58 -0800, "Steve B"

news
On 2011-01-12, Don Foreman wrote:
I was a smoker for many years so I regarded risk of sucking on the
welding oxy as negligable. So far so good, no news. I may outlive
Mary, who did everything right. Nobody said life would be fair.

Life is definitely not fair.

......... and there is no justice in the world. If every child could learn
that by age 5, the world would be a better place. But we get this idea that
life should be fair. "Johnny took my truck," wails Billy to Mom. Mom goes
and gets the truck back, smacks Johnny, and lectures him on fairness. Billy
witnesses this, and gets the idea that there is some central agency that
keeps things "fair". He progresses through life with this twisted thinking.
In life, he hires or retains many bottomfeeding lawyers at different times,
and has all sorts of legal incidents where he struggles for "fairness and
justice." Then he has incidents where he gets the short end of the stick,
and becomes neurotic, or worse, psychotic. Or homicidal.

Perhaps that's why we're seeing all the wailing about "senseless
murders" in AZ, as opposed to more sensible murders?

Live isn't fair, and there's no justice in the world. People who get burned
by hot coffee get millions, and someone who is truly disabled by an accident
gets squadoosh.

It is comforting, though, for those of us who believe in an afterlife, that
everyone will have to give an accounting of all the times they raped their
fellow man, figuratively speaking, of course. Or maybe literally!

Steve