Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_3_] RBM[_3_] is offline

Default Just had a strange conversation with PG&E about an illegal pole on my property

"Mel Knight" wrote in message
I just found what appears to be an illegal power pole with telephone
lines (yes, a power pole, with telephone lines) on my property that cross
the property but do not serve my home.

The title company report shows nothing of the sort.

After a week on the phone (off and on) with PG&E, they just now told me
to write a letter stating the 'conflict' (their words, not mine) and what
I'd like the resolution to be.

When I asked what are the available 'resolutions' they wouldn't tell me.

Do you have any experience in this area?

I'd first want to know who owns the pole. Does the power company own it or
the telephone company? If it's located on your property, there should be an
easement. It's also possible that if it's been there long enough, the owner
has a right of way