Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default Gun lobby always wins

In article ,
aemeijers wrote:

There IS another way to change the constitution- In theory, if the
various state legislatures as a group decided to, they could force
another constitutional convention, and open up the whole damn document.
As you might expect, that scares the PTB ****less, not to mention anyone
who understands what average intelligence means. So, they have never
gotten around to spelling out the exact procedures and legal
requirements. IIRC, that was on the list of stuff to be worked out later
when they started the country.

Actually there is the outline in there already n the Application of
the Legislatures of two thirds of the several States, shall call a
Convention for proposing Amendments". I never heard for sure, but
supposedly the number calling for a convention was nearing 2/3 a few
years ago, but they usually called for different reasons and the Talking
Heads were not sure that counted.

--
"Even I realized that money was to politicians what the ecalyptus tree is to koala bears: food, water, shelter and something to crap on."
---PJ O'Rourke