Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Meat Plow[_5_] Meat Plow[_5_] is offline

Default TVs compatible, from one continent to the next??

On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 14:14:25 -0500, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

I wonder just how available were the delay lines needed when NTSC was
introduced? They were quite an expensive component years later.

NTSC delay lines for TV sets were about $3 for replacments in the mid
'60s. I only saw one open delay line and one with physical damage in
40+ years. The open delay line removed the luminanve signal, leaving
only moving colored splotches on a black screen.

I saw 1 open delay line. In an RCA tube set back in 1980. I might have
paid less than 10 bucks for it. Never saw another failed.