Posted to alt.home.repair
JoeSpareBedroom[_3_] JoeSpareBedroom[_3_] is offline

Default O.T. The sick gun culture. AKA Harry is our village idiot.

"harry" wrote in message
On Jan 12, 1:58 am, "Pete C." wrote:
DGDevin wrote:

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
.. .

Personally I have no problem with civilians carrying, as long as they
have training.

Very good point. Rights come with responsibilities, and IMO if someone
wants to pack they should have to take a training course in safe
handling,
local firearms laws and shooting proficiency, and demonstrate every five
years that they can still pass the test.

Here in Texas you do indeed have to take a course and requalify at each
renewal.

What load of cobblers. Proper training would involve someone trying
to kill you. As this clearly isn't possible, niether is training.

Based on your definition of proper training, the vast majority of police
officers have never and will never receive proper training. Thanks for
clearing that up.