Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default TVs compatible, from one continent to the next??

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

In article ,
Michael A. Terrell wrote:
You appear only to have heard of RCA cameras.

Sigh. You appear to be an idiot. RCA & GE made most of the studio
cameras in the US.

I don't live in the US.

And I thank God for that.

A few stations got screwed when they bought Philips
cameras that had no factory support and few spare parts.

Pretty well the same as the few UK companies that bought RCA, then.

Really? You could get almost any part for RCA equipment, even on 40
year old equipment. It wasn't cheap, but it was availible, and a lot of
it could be delivered overnight. The first thing Philips did was tell
the US scustomers that there were no spare camera cables, no bulk cable,
and no new connectors to repair the flimsy crap that connected the
cameras to the CCUs.

Well, I'm trying to think of a US broadcaster that designed much of its
own equipment. If you want to debate the BBC and 'state of the art'.

Sigh. Your ignorance is amazing. RCA & GE owned TV networks. Take
a guess who designed and built their equipment?

Can you name a broadcast use for a single tube colour camera? Apart
from stunt stuff where it would be destroyed.

Yes they were used for ENG before color CCD cameras were availible.

I'm talking about proper broadcasting, not news. News will use domestic
shot pictures if it suits them. Please stick to top end.

ENG was substanard at the BBC? Figures.

If you consider 2" Ampex industrial video, you might argue. The
mobile production units were several tractor trailers full, and they
had just bought the first Tektronix U-matic decks built.

U-matic? Only ever used for news stuff here. And office viewing before
VHS.

1" C Format ruled until the arrival of Beta SP and MII.

So, you used 2" until the other formats were availible?

Which part of 1" C format don't you understand?

What don't you understand? 2" predated all of the other formats.

Umatic was
second generation video for use in classrooms, dubbed from the broadcast
grade masters. Long beofre VHS or any beta crap was availible. I used
1" Sony at WACX in orlando for the master edit suit. OTOH, I had 13
Sony U-Matics at the transmitter site for the LaCarte Video automation
system. WACX had better video quality than most of the other stations
in the market. The worst used Beta and it was obvious.

Seems to me you know little about broadcast standards.

Seems to me that you don't know anything abot US brodacsting or any
of the various standards involved.

Teflon coated.