Swingman

Default Home Workshops and Alarm Systems

"Upscale" wrote in message
Just saw some pictures for a great new home workshop in abpw. It occurred

me that I haven't seen much discussion on people protecting their
investments in regards to theft.

How are you protecting your standalone shops (aside from your pit bull)

from
possible theft? How many have actually implemented an alarm system? Of
course some of this may depend on locale, but I'd be interested in hearing
comments.

While this house was being built, I had the shop wide open out of necessity
almost every day while working on cabinets, with all manner of characters on
the building crews constantly walking by the shop and dog eying my tools.
The "professional installation" quote from a local alarm company that was
supposed to allow me to sleep at night was $1800+ for just two points of
entry. Long story short, bought the parts and installed the system myself
for around $350. I got a siren for the thing that would deafen a dead man
.... and I made damn sure it went off 'accidentally a couple of times
whenever a new crew showed up on site.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/23/04