Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default Designing

FrozenNorth wrote:

Don't take this personally, but you seem to go for the government
approach of designing a $100,000 hammer, when $50 will do just fine.

Driving home with my building materials, I thought a little more about
your comment. I suppose I compensate for my shortcomings in knowledge,
by doing the best job I can even if that means I may go a little bit
overboard on some details. With experience, I'm sure I'll learn to
optimize that with regard to time, utility, and money. In the meantime,
the cost of my going a little bit overboard is part of the price of
tuition. I need the practice! I'd might try out my router on this
project but I think Mike would give me a bad time about it! lol. Stay
warm!

Bill

Too much planning and thought, leads to more questions, ad nauseum, the
little details seem to fall out in the process for me, I did the same
process with computer programming, think a bit about the problem, and
then start coding.