Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default Anti-slip Paint

On 1/11/2011 6:29 PM, Red Green wrote:
wrote in -
september.org:

On 1/11/2011 5:43 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:
Hi,
Sweepin, shoveling snow lately but thinking ahead for summer.
My porch rises about 6 steps and back porch 4 steps. I'd like to apply
anti-slip paint, so stairs will be little safer. Any recommendations?
TIA,

Typically you just ask for anti slip (small glass beads) to be added to
the paint at the paint store.

Then there's the cheap f'ker route and toss some sand in. Never actually
did it but it sounds delightfully cheap.

It doesn't work nearly as well (neighbor did it one time). I am not big
on spending more than I need to but but paint is one of those things
that makes sense to do right and not try to save pennies. I don't even
remember if the local real paint store charged for the beads and if so
it wasn't much.