Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default O.T. The sick gun culture.

On Jan 11, 8:32*pm, "DGDevin" wrote:
wrote in ...

Unfortunately, I think you are correct, at least in the general
case. * We
don't know all the specifics on what the indicators there were in this
particular
case. * But with the clear bias in favor or personal freedom, I don't
know who is supposed to be the enforcer if you will, or the canary in
the coal mine, as to who is to be locked up or monitored because
they might be a threat.

It doesn't have to come to them being locked up, it could be as simple as
schools being required to report students who are expelled or otherwise
sanctioned by a school on the basis of apparent serious mental health
problems, especially if threatening behavior is involved. *That report
should result in a hearing in front of a judge who orders the person's name
placed on the list of those not allowed to buy firearms, with the right of
appeal of course. *Even if that person isn't confined, or even treated, at
least they aren't armed. *If that had happened with the Virginia Tech
student who had scared enough people that a court ordered him to undergo
psychiatric treatment, then 33 people would still be alive. *Yeah, maybe he
could have bought an illegal gun, or used a knife and so on--what if, what
if. *But he wouldn't have been able to legally purchase two handguns, and
that might have been enough to save almost three dozen lives.

I expect the parent would go down and shoot the teacher.
Pyschiatric treatment is hogwash anyway.
Snake oil vendors.