Posted to alt.home.repair
DGDevin DGDevin is offline

Default O.T. The sick gun culture.

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...

You, no doubt, had an amicable divorce without a Temporary Restraining
Order (TRO) or one that precluded violence. Your must admit your unique
circumstance cannot extrapolate to the whole world.

You wrote, "The same screwing holds true for "boiler plate" orders of
separation in most
divorce cases"--so unless you can document that "most" divorce cases answer
that description.....

I, on the other hand, do not make this **** up (although that's often more
convenient). You did, however, force me to dig out my old textbook from my
Family Law course.

LOL, you're the guy who claimed the U.S. Coast Guard was bigger than the
next five largest navies in the world or whatever it was, and that nobody in
the Bush admin ever said a word about getting Bin Laden. You do not make
this **** up? Well if you don't make it up you sure believe some silly ****
someone else made up.

So, then, if you are subject to a (state) temporary restraining order (in
a divorce proceeding) prohibiting you from alarming another, you are in
violation of federal law if you possess a firearm or ammunition.

And that applies to "most" divorces? If you meant most divorces, in Texas,
that involve restraining orders due to threats and such like, then you
should have written that rather than creating the impression you think
standard divorce settlements involve a separation agreement/order
prohibiting the ownership of firearms.

I hope the above discourse convinces you I don't talk smack.

On the contrary, it suggest you shoot from the lip.