Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Repairing scratched eyeglasses

On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 21:11:29 -0500, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 20:44:24 -0500, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

wrote in message
On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 09:58:47 -0500, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

wrote in message
om...
On Mon, 10 Jan 2011 12:54:29 -0500, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

wrote in message
news:migmi6pspj0fo2qb9ro0krtde313kg1cba@4ax .com...
On Mon, 10 Jan 2011 05:42:45 -0500, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"benick" wrote in message
news:cMSdnV_TzIOEP7fQnZ2dnUVZ_q6dnZ2d@neo nova.net...
"benick" wrote in message
. ..
My glasses are scratched up and was wondering if anyone has used
the
stuff that is advertised to fix them..I don't have the 300-400 to
replace
them at this time..Anyone tried it ???Did it work ??

Thanks for all the tips but they aren't that bad so I guess I'll
live
with
it for now..The glasses are about 5 years old and I don't have the
script
as
they were made right at the eye doctors..They are invisaline
bifocals..I
got
them right after I had cataract surjury on my right eye...The left
one
needs
it now so I need to go back anyway...Probably do it in the
spring...Again
thanks everyone...

I suppose you could stop scratching them, and start cleaning them
correctly.
I'll never understand why people will usually take good care of
camera
lenses, but they'll abuse their eyeglasses, which often cost more
than
camera.

You have some cheap-assed camera!

My glasses cost $500.

1) My camera (not a particularly good one) was closer to $900.
2) You're a fool.

So, I'm a fool for suggesting that people should take care of expensive
eyeglasses.

Yes, only a damned *FOOL* would spend $500 for glasses.

Got it.

Glad I could help.

What would you do if you worked your way up the price scale with various
dealers, and absolutely NOBODY could produce the prescription correctly
until you hit a certain price point? Not wear glasses?

I don't believe you had to spend $500, no. Vanity will do amazing things,
though.

Avoiding distorted vision is vanity? Please explain.

What did the frames cost?

By "distorted vision", think "almost like a fisheye lens".

I don't care what the distortion is, it can be solved for a *lot* less than
$500, these days.