Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] stratus46@yahoo.com is offline

Default TVs compatible, from one continent to the next??

On Jan 11, 3:15*pm, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:
In article ,
* *Meat Plow wrote:

How did this devolve into a PAL/NTSC ****ing match? From what little TV I
watch in the evening, HD channels on TWC, I think the color rendering is
perfect. And NTSC DVD video is the same. So what's the problem here? A
lack of real things to argue about?

Don't think you've been following things. DVDs as such don't have

either
an NTSC or PAL footprint unless the originating material had.

--
*Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

* * Dave Plowman * * * * * * * * London SW
* * * * * * * * * To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Oh they most certainly do as they are either 525/60 or 625/50. While
your computer will have no trouble with this, CRT sets definitely did
(but could usually be adjusted). There must be some pretty dumb people
all over the world buying standards converters at $200K a pop to
convert 25 Hz frame rate to 30 Hz and vice cersa.