Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Angelo Campanella Angelo Campanella is offline

Default Microwave timer/clock 4 digit 7-segmnt display is out. Timer works fine.

"N_Cook" wrote in message

I assume it has a dedicated LED driver, that sort of age probably internal
metalisation drift inside the chip or die carrier.

True... but which component? "Driver" comes to mind.
But I have no schematic to identfy components. The model numer is

Model: RR6W, P72110-4M
S/N: H56559799
1600 Watts

(I recently measured it as 1,480 watts when running empty.)

Mfg Date May, 1976.

The cook space chamber is over a cubic foot in volume (14"x14"+x9"+).

Will it go to a museum?,

It could... for a price.

I would not have said uwave ovens were around in 1976

They came out that year or the year before. This unit is:
Ange