Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
spaco spaco is offline

Default A comment on TurboCad software...

Which "size" are you talking about? Designer? Deluxe? Pro? If Pro,
mecahnaical or the works?
I ask because I am still using TurboCad Pro V7 and am worried about it
running correctly on a Windows 7 machine. I think I like the idea of
staying one or 2 rev's behind, too.

Pete Stanaitis
----------------

Chet wrote:
First, I know this is a hot-button issue, but just in case some
subscriber to this newsgroup can benefit from my observations, I'm going
to lay them out.
My experience range is in the lower end CAD graphics programs including
both TurboCad and Dolphin PartMaster.
IF you come at this with experience from other cad software, you'll
probably have very good reasons for liking the software you're familiar
with.
BUT if you are starting from scratch, I've got to hand it to TurboCad
for having a very decent program.
The current version of TurboCad is V17, but I cut my teeth on V11 and
recently upgraded to V15.
(I usually stay an edition behind for economic reasons...)
Yes, there is a learning curve to mastering the commands, but the
commands cover an incredible range of issues.
If you try it, commit to learning THEIR way of doing things... It is
intuitive if you start with their mindset.
To clarify, it isn't autocad...
But then you're not paying autocad prices.
I really wanted to like Dolphin PartMaster, and God knows I stretched
the patience of their customer service department, but it never achieved
the level of results I needed.
V15 of TurboCad loaded effortlessly, and has an impressive array of
features including a CAM plug-in.
I own no stock, I get no commission, but if you're toying with getting a
CAD program, please do consider TurboCad.
I sincerely think it deserves better reviews than you sometimes see...
Chet