Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Anti-slip Paint

David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 1/11/2011 3:29 PM Red Green spake thus:

George wrote in
- september.org:

On 1/11/2011 5:43 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

Sweepin, shoveling snow lately but thinking ahead for summer. My
porch rises about 6 steps and back porch 4 steps. I'd like to
apply anti-slip paint, so stairs will be little safer. Any
recommendations?

Typically you just ask for anti slip (small glass beads) to be
added to the paint at the paint store.

Then there's the cheap f'ker route and toss some sand in. Never
actually did it but it sounds delightfully cheap.

So I wonder how much better the store-bought stuff could be than just
tossing in sand. Shoot, I'd try that first.

You would want to stir the sand mix frequently during application.