Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Gun lobby always wins

willshak wrote:

Disclaimer: I'm not anti-gun (I have a CCW permit), but....
'Arms' are a little different than they were 224 years ago. At the
time, they only had single shot muzzle loading firearms.
The subject of the other freedoms have not changed as much.

No, the definition of "arms" ["A weapon, especially a firearm"] is the same.

You are correct in that a "firearm" of today is way different from one in
1785, but so is a bow-and-arrow (compare compound composite bow with a
longbow) or a knife (ceramic vs bone).

In my view, the generational differences don't matter - the concept remains
unchanged.