Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Laminated flooring problem

On Jan 11, 4:45*pm, (Dick Adams) wrote:
I'm disabled so I had a contractor laydown laminated flooring
in my kitchen - three years ago. *He put in a 2" metal threshold
between the floor and the carpeting. *

The problem is that the laminate is starting to chip. *When I
removed the threshold, I saw the cause of the problem. *Te
contractor failed to cut under the door frame and the threshold
does not extend far enough to get a good grip on the laminate.

Fixing it:
*- I have yet to find a 2-1/2" threshold, but I will keep
* *looking. *HomeDepot has only 2" and 3". *Any ideas?

*- I'm going to have to cut under the door frame. *Other
* *than buying a Multimate or one of its competitors, any
* *ideas will be appreciated.

I love alt.home.repair.

***

Want free tax advice, see misc.taxes.moderated. *It's
almost as good as alt.home.repair - no spam, no off topic!

Then it's *better* than alt.home.repair. ;-)