Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default Designing

FrozenNorth wrote:

Just saying over-thinking and over-designing something, sometimes leads
to less flexibility when the actual implementation time rolls around.

To each his, or her, own. :-)

Yes, in the case of the DP baseboard, which I suspect you may have been
referring to, I just wanted to do the project. Amusingly, it's usually
other who put the lofty design features in my head. I generally start
out quite naively with "simple and cheap" and folks help me out from
there! Its cheaper than buying boats and new cars.

Good point about "over-thing and over-designing". That sounds like the
voice of experience talking! I appreciate the lesson.

Bill