Posted to uk.d-i-y,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair
Tony Bryer[_2_] Tony Bryer[_2_] is offline

Default John Lewis curtain runners rip off

On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 21:05:33 -0000 John brook wrote :
Now the curtain runners are all disintegrating, and so I went into John
Lewis to get some more. I was told they no longer supply this type of
runner, but have some at £3 for 10.

Thats nearly three times the price of the current ones they supply. I
was also told the new ones *no longer fit* the old rail.

Ultimately for a retailer something stays on display because it earns
enough profit per hook/per foot of shelf space over the year. If it's a
slow moving item, each sale needs to earn a lot more. Cost plus doesn't
really come into it.

--
Tony Bryer, Greentram: 'Software to build on' Melbourne, Australia
www.superbeam.co.uk www.eurobeam.co.uk www.greentram.com