Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default Automatic fire sprinklers

In article ,
Tony Miklos wrote:

On 1/10/2011 7:30 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
are now required in new Pennsylvania homes:
http://tinyurl.com/323syvr

Does anyone here have some real on hands experience with fire sprinklers
going off? Some years ago I did a job at a place that makes the
sprinklers and systems. I told them I heard insurance companies don't
like them due to all the water damage.

Most insurance companies give discounts for residential sprinklers.

I'm not saying this is fact, just what I was told. Actually I believe
one won't set them all off, but the heavy mist instead of a downpour?
Any first hand knowledge?

It is a mist. Mists (small droplets, etc.) do a better job of
soaking up the heat, which is what they do to break the fire triangle
(or more recently the fire tetrahedron..) . Even the regular hoses off
the trucks use mist.

--
"Even I realized that money was to politicians what the ecalyptus tree is to koala bears: food, water, shelter and something to crap on."
---PJ O'Rourke