Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.security.alarms
Hank[_6_] Hank[_6_] is offline

Default Automatic fire sprinklers

On Jan 11, 12:16*am, Evan wrote:
On Jan 10, 11:51*pm, mleuck wrote:

The issue to me isn't if they work well but that federal, state or
local governments shouldn't be mandating them. if the builder or
customer wants them that's another story

LOL... *And why not ?

If something can save lives why not require it... *Especially
out there in the "heartland of America" where volunteer fire
protection rules the day...

Smoke detectors = required
Carbon monoxide detectors = required

automatic fire sprinklers = requirement coming soon

Not just the public safety folks, but normal people are
starting to see the pattern of people dying in small home
fires as opposed to large multi-unit dwellings which have
had the requirement to be sprinkler protected for a while
now...

How many people were electrocuted in the bathroom
at home before GFCI's became a requirement ?

~~ Evan

How many fires do you hear about on the news where the FD reports that
there were no working smoke detectors? I'll tell you....a lot!

Smoke detectors are about $10. CO detectors a little more. Sprinkler
systems are a lot more.

Smoke detectors should be mandatory. They are proven to save life and
property at a very low cost. But, like anything else, they are only as
good as the people who maintain them. Now, think of how much damage
can be done with a sprinkler system that is not maintained properly.

I'm all for saving lives and property, but as hard as they try,
politicians can't legislate stupidity.

Hank