Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default Manuals From Vintage Manuals Schematic Heathkit Heath

In case anyone was interested, I received a manual from Vintage Manuals
recently, which arrived within 2 days by U.S. Postal Service Priority Mail.
Thanks for the tip, John.

http://www.vintagemanuals.com/

The particular manual is for the Heathkit Universal Counter mentioned
previously.

The quality of the manual is first class, a near-perfect reproduction of the
original Heath manual with full operational info, circuit descriptions,
parts list, and fold-out schematics.
The only portion that isn't identical to a typical Heath manual, is the
x-ray views of the circuit boards, which are grey/pink (to distinguish the
traces on top/bottom sides of a double-sided board) and the reproduction
images are black and shades of grey, but legible.
There's a long plastic spine gizmo, so the pages lay flat (unlike stapled
booklets/manuals).
The front and rear covers are a heavier stock, of yellowish/light tan paper,
much like original Heath manuals.

So, it's like having a new original.. 45 pages, plus two copies of the
schematics (4 additional fold-out pages) manual. I dunno if all, or many of
their manuals are the same as this, but I guess I'll have a clue next time I
buy from them.

--
Cheers,
WB