Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default TVs compatible, from one continent to the next??

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

In article ,
Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Want to bet? What I've seen of PAL on multi standard TVs & VCRs was
a sick joke. A man who owned a bunch of Greek restaurants in lake
County, Fl. imported the pair, and his relatives sent him a steady
stream of PAL tapes. They all looked like ****. They were commercial
tapes, not recorded OTA.

You judge a system off domestic tapes? I've also no idea of the technical
standards of such Greek produced stuff. Did you do the same with UK or
German?

The tapes were fropm all over Europe.

The BBC did extensive testing before introducing colour. In the first
instance with NTSC RCA cameras. Huge things with 3" IO tubes. Had a
modification of NTSC to say 625 50 Hz been the way forward, they'd not
have adopted (and been part of the design) of PAL.

Image Orthicons? That figures.

Teflon coated.