Ace

Default How do I save this wood?

Give it to me, then you won't have to worry about saving it.

"mad mountain" wrote in message
How do I save this wood?

Ok here is the problem. I have about 400 bf of the most beautiful apricot
lumber you have ever seen, Most pieces are 20+ inches wide and 6 feet long
and 1 ¾ inches thick. But many of the pieces are twisted and warped
because of improper drying.

I want to rescue this wood for use in building guitar backs and sides so

is
there any way to fix this wood? I know that the normal process is to cut

it
into narrower strips then surface it on a jointer but I really don't want

do that only as a last resort. I want to rescue as much of the wood as
possible and I know you people out there must know some ancient secret to

do
this. The process must stabilize the wood with minimal memory for
springback. I will consider any process including vacuum reformation if
possible.

In the end I will probably cut it into strips 2X1 ¾ then glue and resaw

thickness as they have done for the Zircote back of the guitar at

http://www.lmii.com/CartTwo/thirdpro...eader=Ziricote

Any help or suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks for your help and
expertise. I just love the internet for this kind of exchange of

knowledge.

madman