Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Dave is offline

Default How to clean gunge of a chip fryer?

On 11/01/2011 12:33, Fredxx wrote:
I have a perfectly good chip fryer that is coated with caked-on old
sunflower oil.

It's sufficiently hard and thick that the detergents I've used haven't
touched it.

In the end I have put it all in the dishwasher and put it through a few
washes. Some of the crud has become emulsified and almost peels off like
latex. But there's a lot more to go and don't relish the thought of
another dozen or more washes in the dishwasher!!

Are there any detergents which successfully dissolve this type of stuff?

I've been told this last weekend that your local Cleaneeze rep sells a
very effective oven cleaner gel