Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default TVs compatible, from one continent to the next??

In article ,
Brenda Ann wrote:
During my visits there, I watched a good deal of TV, and the thing I
noticed most was that the lower framerate didn't play well with
fluorescent lighting. There always seemed to be an easily perceptible
flicker to the picture. Brand of set or signal source (OTA, CATV,
Satellite, tape or VCD) didn't seem to make any difference.

If you have any form of strobe lighting - like fluorescent - you can get
such effects. Regardless of a frame rate of 25 or 30 Hz. But few in the US
would use fluorescent lighting in the same room as their TV.

--
*Why is a boxing ring square?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.