Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_3_] Hawke[_3_] is offline

Default Well we're living here in Allentown, and they're closing allthe factories down

On 1/10/2011 6:50 AM, wrote:
On Jan 9, 11:47 pm, wrote:

What's happening now is that the good, well paying jobs that allowed the
middle class to have a high standard of living have been shipped to
Asia. In effect, what American business did was to fire all its high
paid American workers, shut down its American factories and set up again
doing exactly the same business but with Asian workers that they only
paid a few dollars a day. This allowed them to exchange a high paid,
unionized, work force, set up in an ecologically sensitive country, for
a non union work force in a country with no environmental concerns at
all. So what business did is they finally triumphed over American labor.
They did this by firing them all and replacing them with people who
basically work for nothing.

Hawke

Bull****!!! I have given up on educating you, Hawke. But I do not
want such ignorant thoughts left lying around where other not too
intelligent people read them without a rebuttal.

Your portrayal of the American Business leaves out the real world.
There are thousands of non American Businesses in the real world that
are competing with the American Businesses. Companies as Panasonic,
Siemens, Hyundai, Samsung, Komatsu , Hitachi, Honda, Toyota, Mercedes
Benz, Isuzu, Volkswagen, Toshiba, Volvo, Arcelor Mittal, Zenni
Optical, and thousands more.
It is now a global economy. Container ships and fiber optic
communications have ensured that. The US no longer has a work force
that is better educated than other countries. Four of the top ten
colleges as ranked by US News and World Reports are not US colleges.

So your dumb ass idea is that the American Businesses should continue
to pay wages that are higher than the wages their competitors pay,
and pay more for environmental issues than their competitors, price
their goods and services higher than their competitors, and go out of
business.

You may have gone to college, but they did not teach you to think.

Dan

I'm sorry that I have to be the one to inform you as to the facts of
life but it appears that if I don't no one else will. The first thing
that you overlooked when you mentioned the global competitors of
"American" corporations, and I use that term very loosely, is that they
are headquartered in other countries. Many in countries that do not
allow them to call the shots in their home nations. We have a government
that is up for sale to the highest bidder. That means corporations rule
the roost here. That is not the case in Europe.

You mentioned three German companies; Siemens, Volkswagen, and
Mercedes-Benz. In that country the workers for those companies get paid
around fifty bucks an hour. They have heavy environmental controls, and
the government tells them what to do not the other way around. So it can
be done very successfully in a different way than we do. The other thing
you notice about those other companies is that in their home countries
the people are well cared for by the government. All of them have
national health care, many have free education. None of them are
involved in useless and unnecessary wars, and most of them are planning
for the future by limiting greenhouse gasses and are switching to
alternative fuels. In those countries they also have not allowed the
income and economic disparity we have here. They don't allow any company
that wants it access to their markets and they have not closed down
their factories and reopened new ones in Asia. You don't think
Volkswagen or Siemens could shut down in Germany and reopen in China and
make the same things cheaper? But if you cared about Germany you
wouldn't do that. It's clear the "American" companies don't give a crap
about America. You and many others just can't see it because of your
preconceived ideas. If you look at the facts objectively you would see
that what I say is true. You ever see the movie Jerry McGuire, where the
guy says "show me the money"? Well, you "show me the facts" that prove
me wrong. I'd love to see them.

Hawke