Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
BartC BartC is offline

Default OT Speed of Processor

"the_constructor" wrote in message

Many thanks to all for the advice, I have just ran this program:
http://www.wizard-soft.com/cpuspeed/index.htm
and it showed the the speed of the processor was 467.7 MHz, which
hopefully will do fine for what I need.

"Midge" wrote in message
news
Makes sense - 466 is one of the flavours.

I ran it on mine, came up with 'actual speed', 2700MHz, but 'published
speed' was also 2700MHz.

Sounds a bit suspicious actually; a bit like driving a car with a rated top
speed of 120mph, and achieving exactly 120mph top speed.

Is it really measuring anything, or just reading out the clock setting from
some register or other?

(I also tried CPUZ that someone else posted; that came up with a core speed
of 800MHz, a multiplier of 4, and a HT link of 2000MHz (whatever that lot
means).)

--
Bartc