Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default OT Electric Shavers - mens views needed

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 01:15:26 -0800, Man at B&Q wrote:

On Jan 10, 5:01 pm, John MacLeod wrote:
On Jan 10, 2:57 pm, "sweetheart" hotmail.com wrote:

Hi,

I need to find out what sort of electric shaver might be good for my
father. he is 88 years old and getting to cut himself a bit with a
razor. he uses a Gillette Turbo at the moment. As he keeps cutting
himself I wondered if an electric might be better? he used to use an
electric shaver when I was a child - a Rolls make , that goes back a
few years to the 1950's/60's I reckon. he liked it but didn't find a
suitable replacement after and went on to wet shave.

I was looking at the TV ads for the Braun ( the one that says you
can shave off a weekend beard) but there are several of them and I
don't know which to get. Not knowing much about mens shaving I am a
bit stuck Has anyone got one of those shavers who might be able to
tell me which is best?

Thanks for any advice.

Oh dear, sexist again -- as if women didn't use electric razors :-)

Seriously, though, no electric razor designed for use on the face is
going to be much use with growth longer than a couple of millimetres.

More utter tosh about electric razors. It's funny, I don't have any
problems at all when I occasionally grow a comedy beard to amuse the
kids or a moustache for Movember.

The real point is that faces and beards vary. Some work best with wet
shaving, some better with foils, some with rotaries...

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

All need a bit of patience to get your beard used to them.