Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark[_30_] Mark[_30_] is offline

Default OT Electric Shavers - mens views needed

On Mon, 10 Jan 2011 21:42:08 +0000, Andy Champ
wrote:

On 10/01/2011 14:57, sweetheart wrote:
Hi,

I need to find out what sort of electric shaver might be good for my
father. he is 88 years old and getting to cut himself a bit with a
razor. he uses a Gillette Turbo at the moment. As he keeps cutting
himself I wondered if an electric might be better? he used to use an
electric shaver when I was a child - a Rolls make , that goes back a few
years to the 1950's/60's I reckon. he liked it but didn't find a
suitable replacement after and went on to wet shave.

I was looking at the TV ads for the Braun ( the one that says you can
shave off a weekend beard) but there are several of them and I don't
know which to get. Not knowing much about mens shaving I am a bit stuck
Has anyone got one of those shavers who might be able to tell me which
is best?

Thanks for any advice.

Another vote here for the Philips rotary jobs. Apart from anything else
they are a damn sight quieter than the oscillating ones.

+1.

You'll not get as close a shave with an electric and they struggle to
cope with a few days growth but they win on the convenience front.

The only problem is that the replacement foil/blades cost as much as a
whole new shaver.
--
(\__/) M.